Thursday, September 02, 2010

Move that fence

You know, there are some days I sit down to do a blog post for Wheezie and I have no idea what I'm going to say. I just have a few good pictures taken from various points in the week and a glass too many of wine poured into me I guess. Anyway, Louise is here sleeping next to me and we thought it was a good idea to actually reach out to her fans again.

So here we are. Louise has been having a great August, with lots of trips into the office. I never quite understand the enthusiasm since when we get there she is bored and moans that I'm not taking her out, or she naps and wakes up to find me missing and has to go hunt me down, etc. But despite my bewilderment she absolutely loves it when she gets to come to work and if she doesn't, I call the vet because she must be sick. It's that rare.

Oh yeah, after putting the second picture on I remembered something to tell you about, dear reader. As you may know by now, the church on our street has been sold to a developer who wants to put up a highrise rental building instead. The entire community is in an uproar over it because well, nobody likes the idea. So just to be nasty about it the developer put up an ugly fence to keep people out of the gardens in the front of the lot. Well the way it was installed was a bit illegal as it was right up to the sidewalk and yes, this caused another uproar from the people. Well as you can sort of see in the photo, they were told to move the fence back to the legal limits - I guess the city lays claim to the property a certain distance from the sidewalk and they weren't allowed to fence it off.

Finally, I'm finishing off with a quick shot I took while Louise and I went to pick up a craigslist item. I had the air conditioning blasting on her to keep the temperatures cool enough and she seemed to enjoy it. She enjoyed getting home more though but that might have had more to do with the fact that it was getting close to dinnertime.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I love your descriptions of Louise's adventures but I have to admit that the pictures of her are well worth the visit. Like my visits to OBP it is great to see animals that are truly part of the family. The last picture of Louise is so cute. BTW there is one of my favorite pictures of Sol from OBP posted today. I go there sometimes end reread the rescue story--esp. Louise's.

Wilma said...

Sounds like Louise is living a charmed life. I rarely get a chance to join Mom at work, but when I do, boy is it fun. I love Louise's face, she is so beautiful. If I could, I would send my brother Sluggo to pee on that stupid fence. Have a great weekend.

iTripped said...

Heh. I hadn't been to Louise's rescue story in a very long time and just happened to click on it yesterday as I was finishing the blog post. I was shocked at the picture as to me, she looked quite different then. My wife disagreed and felt that Wheezie looked pretty much the same then as now (with a few extra teeth, of course).