Monday, March 01, 2010

Naval Director Louise, charges ahead.

I had Louise out for another walk in Coal Harbour this weekend. As you can see in the brief video clip she was barking at the boats again. I like the 'squareness' of her stance in this first photo, made me laugh a little. At that time the crowds were still pretty thick, but really Louise doesn't mind that so much, so long as its not so close that people don't notice her.

As it turned out, it was also one of the last chances I would have to get a decent picture of the Olympic flame. We were at a bit of a distance and I had a nice shot of the convention center - you can see it there just in front of the grass roof.

Later in the day we were out to celebrate my buddy Bill's birthday. While that in itself has very little to do with Louise (she didn't come with us) I did remember to get the bone from my meal packaged up to take home for her. The next afternoon, well we had a pretty happy little pug on our hands. One who felt the need to growl at any cat that dared come within ten feet of this bone. Here you can see Louise trying to relocate to the sofa. She knows we prefer her to chew her bones on her bed because it is a messy process. Still, she felt the need to plead her case just the same. I had to take a few quick pictures and this was the best of the bunch. We got her situated back on her bed and all was well. Note how she chooses to hold her bone straight on instead of cross-wise. Makes her look like she is charging at something when she does this. She's back to working on this bone as I compose this, actually.

Finally, a shot of the Olympic cauldron, sans flame. With the Closing Ceremonies done, the Olympics are gone. It's amazing how quickly Vancouver re-opened streets and closed down the pavilions.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Has the flame sculpture also gone? I liked it even without the flame.

Louise does look like she is surveying her lands in the first picture.

agent99 said...

Go get 'em Louise! You tell there boats where to go. You are so cute! Hope you enjoying less crowded outings these days.

Love
Gen & the Foo

nam said...

Hey Louise!!

Dogster Dog here! Just wanted to stop by your blog to award you with our top dog blogger award! I couldn't find your email, so hopefully you get this message. If you're interested, just shoot me an email at nam(at)dogster.com! WOOFS!