Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sunday morning bird watching

As usual, we had some running around to do today, so that meant I had to give Louise a longer walk than usual in the morning so that she would be tired out enough to sleep while we did our errands. Overall, the plan was a success - Louise and I were out for about an hour in the late morning and it was a great day for a walk. She romped in the leaves while I snapped all sorts of photos, leaving us both happy. Oh and yes, she is quite out of focus in the second photo because she was busy shaking off and losing balance. The various blurs in the photo indicate which way(s) she was moving at the time.

We even saw a blue heron at the Westin Bayshore that was so preoccupied with fishing that he let us get up very close. You can see some of the photos I took of him on my flickr account, if you like. Louise didn't really notice the bird at all, since he wasn't moving. Maybe she thought it was just a stick in the water.

From there, we headed over to Barclay park, where she proceeded to wander around the perimeter. They have a fantastic low stone wall that is moss covered right now - the updated banner photo was taken here, as was the third photo in this post. Actually I got about four really good photos that are all basically the same as this last one and I had a very difficult time choosing which one to post. The odd thing is that Louise seemed to actually enjoy getting her pictures taken here and she was hamming it up for the camera quite a bit.

In the end, the walk was successful - Louise and I came home and she pretty much fell asleep on the sofa while we were getting ready to leave for the afternoon.

3 comments:

lady jicky said...

What lovely photos of Louise in the autumn leaves.

Sandy said...

She is so cute! Not that you have heard that before! I love the grin in the last picture.

iTripped said...

I had a really hard time choosing which photo to include there because I have four that are essentially the same shot, but with very slight variations in Louise's face. Glad you like the one I posted.