Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Drive thru junkie

We had a lot of running around to do this Saturday, so we decided to grab some breakfast at Burger King. This is becoming one of Louise's favorite rituals. She likes to stand on the driver so that she can peer as far into the restaurant as possible. There are two reasons for this, I think: one, Louise is going for maximum exposure - the more employees who see her, the more likely one of them will ask if she can have a treat, or at least give her some attention. Secondly, she simply wants to breathe in the fantastic smells of cooked beef.

Oh who am I kidding? Cooked ANYTHING. The fact of the matter is, Louise knows which spots reward her with treats - this particular store likes to give her french fries. We try to limit this as best we can, but we have concluded that the occasional stray fry won't hurt.
All in all, I had a great visit with Louise and my wife (and the cats too - thanks for reminding me, Sophie). In a few short weeks I will be back to help pack up our stuff to move everybody to Vancouver. Given Louise's fondness of barking at cars, I have more than a little hesitation. At least our new place does not have a street view.

No comments: