Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Halloween is like the dentist

Louise has been on mild antibiotics and painkillers this week. She was in for her dental cleaning and while it was an overall success, it came at a cost. She lost another two teeth, one small one in the front that was loose and came out easily, and a molar in the back that was actually cracked and in pretty bad shape. Our vet was able to remove both and stitch her up with dissolvable stitches so that we would not need a return visit.

That, my friends, is the kind of attention I appreciate from a vet. Don't try to ding me for a second visit to pad your coffers. Do the job right the first time and have confidence in your work. We have been returning to this same vet for a while now, and get consistent care. Oh and in case you are wondering Dr. Sandhu Louise is recovering nicely and we should have her back on her regular food in a few days.

Tommy, a guy I work with went to Vegas for a week and brought us back some neat trinkets. I had originally intended to come up with some Halloween story about wild partying and Las Vegas to go with this photo but well, I got busy with other things. But I liked how the collar goes with the shot glass so I figured I would include another nap photo.

Instead though, we had a rather quiet night inside. We don't get any trick or treaters at our condo but we did head out for a walk to see what crazy and stupid things people can do with firecrackers. We saw people lighting them off their balconies and stuff like that. Most of it was harmless fun although I feel a little sympathy for folks with dogs who get scared of the noise. I've met a few, they say it's not a pleasant night.

Louise could care less about the noise, unless it's right next to her. So we continued our walk and then came home. Once there we decided to dress her up a little bit, just for giggles. The costume was on for maybe about five minutes or so and only while she was in my lap. I doubt she would have wanted it on any longer.

2 comments:

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Don't worry Louise, my pug Petunia has only 4 teeths and is soon going to loose one more (its golden yellow yikes). She still chews on nylabones, stuffies, and slurps up that nice soft foods. Take care.

Sequoia and Petunia

Sandy said...

Love Louise and her bling ;-)