Monday, October 08, 2007

Pugs from all over the world

The other day Louise and I met a pug from Japan. She was a little smaller than Louise but still had the usual puggy 'snort' noises that we have grown used to hearing. The guy walking this dog was returning to Japan in just a couple days and thought it 'might be a good idea' to start learning Japanese.

I don't know about him, but if I was headed to Japan, I would probably want to start learning earlier than just a day or two before departure. But then, that is partly based on my half-hearted attempts at learning German and the experiences that followed while there. A little knowledge of German would have gone a very long way on the day I had to recover my wife's passport. Or again on the day we were attempting to get to Flensburg by rail and I needed to ask directions. Oh well, perhaps he has a bunch of English speaking friends over there who will help him get by.

Not that Louise cared at all. She was just happy to walk with this other pug and her owner until we arrived at our door. Just hanging out with another pug is sometimes enough.

2 comments:

The Devil Dog said...

Wow, Louise. You know so many interesting Pugs. From Japan. Wow.
Mom would have learned Japanese a long time before she left , but that's mom.

Roxy

Patty Nason said...

oh, Louise is so adorable. I would love to have you enter some of her photos in Dogster's World's Coolest Dog and Cat Show. There are some awesome prizes, and it's free. Come on over!

http://www.dogster.com/fetch/super_cool_dog_show