Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sore paws don't keep good dogs down

Sore paw. Antibiotic pills. Antibiotic cream. Anti-inflammatory medicine (honey flavoured to encourage consumption).

This dog is still limping a lot. But the anti-inflammatories do help her with the pain, and the antibiotic cream helps keep things clean when we go for walks.

She is in the office with me today as we do a little overtime (again.) It's a perfect day for it with only a few of us working. We have all been watching her pretty close to make sure she is ok - and for the most part she has been. That's Greg in the kitchen behind her.
As usual we took the skytrain to get here and I figured I would take a photo or two of that since I have noticed that so many of Louise's readers are not from the Vancouver area. Only one or two actually turned out (moving trains cause for blurry photos) but here they are just the same.

Lastly, I thought I would include a shot of Louise running in the park by Science World just to show that she is still able to move quickly, despite the lame paw.

I'm just glad that we took her in to the vet when we did. Clearly she was in a lot of pain at the time and while we aren't out of the woods yet, at least we have a sense that once her paw heals she should be back to normal. Which is exactly how we like her to be.

No comments: